Chicago during the holidays is magical. There is so much to do and there are about a million excuses to get together with friends and family. After a super busy summer and fall, I am enjoying taking in this special time of year. Chicago has pop-up bars, festivals, and so much more to discover this winter season. Below are some ideas and places that I've either been to or am looking forward to visiting this Christmas season!
Chicago Winter Bucket List
- Chriskrindl Market- Located in the Loop, it's one of my favorite things to do during the holidays. There's food, shopping, drinks, and more!
- Santa Baby Bar - This Wrigleyville bar is 2 floors and it looks like Santa's workshop threw up. But in the most awesome and festive way possible. It's more of a spot to drink and take photos, rather than a restaurant. But worth the visit if you're looking for holiday spirit.
- Butch McGuire's - A staple in Chicago, especially during the holidays. This Gold Coast bar is always a stop on my list because of it's decor and casual atmosphere.
- Homeslice, Paradise Park, or Happy Camper - I haven't been recently, but I heard all three pizza joints are decked out in holiday cheer!
- Maggie Daley Park - It's been 5 years and I've always wanted to go ice skating downtown! This year is going to be the year I do it! Have you been?
- Lincoln Park Zoo Lights - This is a tradition for me. I live super close to the zoo and it's always fun to experience the lights and energy during this time of year- even in the cold.
- Frosty's Christmas Bar- Another pop-up bar in the city. I am going to check it out next week and I am excited to see what they have going on!
- Shops at 900 Michigan Ave - The most festive place to shop during the holidays - also a great place to grab a coffee and stay warm during the holiday rush on Michigan Ave.
**Below are some more outfit details for those of you looking to add a festive winter coat to your closet. Thanks for reading!