Gold Midi Skirt // Banana Republic Turtleneck // SET Leather Jacket // Manolo Pumps // Chanel Bag // Costco Earrings // Celine Sunglasses //
//see below post for outfit details//
Do you make New Year’s resolutions? For the past few years, my sister and I have gone out to lunch on December 26th and talked about what we’ve accomplished and what our goals are for the new year. It’s a nice way to close out the year, talk about the exciting things we did and try to hold our ourselves accountable.
Whether you’re ready or not, 2017 is coming to a close. Personally, this year flew by. It was my first year not teaching Kindergarten, which was a huge change for me. I traveled to California for the first time, spent time at my family’s lake house and watched my best friend get married. This year was exciting both professionally and personally. A whirlwind to say the least!
Knowing that there’s a new year right around the corner, I want to brainstorm my New Year’s resolutions. After my annual lunch pow-wow with my sister on Tuesday, I’ll share my final 10 resolutions with you all for 2018! I hope they’ll inspire you to write your own! And who knows, maybe it will hold me accountable to someone else other than my sister.
Today, I am sharing what I DID accomplish in 2017. While I didn’t do everything I set out to do, it’s nice to look back at what my goals were.
- Work out 3x a week: I accomplished this for most of the year. I know that I truly tried my best, so that’s all I can really ask for!
- Volunteer once a month: I failed at this one, unfortunately. I think it was quite a reach shooting to do it once a month. But this will definitely be on my list again. Maybe not once a month, but I will certainly try and do more.
- Make x amount of money: I quit teaching for a couple reasons, one of which was that I wasn’t making enough money to support the lifestyle I was striving for. While I may not be where I hoped, I will say that I am on a good path and am happy with my decision to leave teaching.
- Start blog and maintain it: I am especially proud of maintaining this resolution. I don’t know what was holding me back from doing something I loved! Now, I am fully committed to posting twice a week and producing content I enjoy that hopefully, people want to read. There’s no question this one will also be on my list for 2018!
- Travel to one place you’ve never been: Done! Went to San Francisco and Napa in June and LOVED every minute.
- Go one month sober: Check! I did sober January and enjoyed it…kind of…
- Strengthen Relationships: Whether it be my relationships with friends or with God, all relationships take time and effort. This resolution will take more than a year, but it is something I am conscious of and always striving towards.
- Make 2017 your bitch: Literally, this is what it says in the notes on my phone. Overall, I’m happy with what I achieved in 2017. It wasn’t all rainbows and butterflies, I struggled this year at times, but am excited for a new year, new challenges, new friends, and new experiences!
Since we’re counting down to New Year’s Eve, below are a few metallic ideas that are pretty, practical and sure to ring in 2018 with some pizzazz! I typically don’t wear too many metallic pieces, but when done well, it’s the perfect way to add some understated sparkle to your outfit – no matter what the occasion!
Gold midi: Found this guy at TJMaxx 2 years ago. Unfortunately, I can't find the exact same one, but below are some similar options!
Ruffle Turtleneck: I purchased this sleeveless turtleneck less than a month ago at the Banana Republic. I can't seem to find it online, but if you're super in love (like I am) then I would suggest checking out a Banana store!
Leather Jacket: I got this jacket last year as a birthday present. Since I got it, I haven't bee able to find the exact same one online. It is literally the softest leather and the inside is lined with light grey jersey material that is equally as soft.
I will keep my eye out for these items to come back in stock, ASAP! In the meantime, check out these super similar options below.