Tuesday Top 10: Velvet
Introducing the "Tuesday Top 10" series! Every Tuesday, I'm going to share 10 of my favorite things - they can be fashion finds, beauty products, recipes or local hot spots. The opportunities are endless!
This week I am sharing my top 10 favorite velvet pieces! Velvet is everywhere this season. Like many of the things from my childhood, it is making a MAJOR comeback, and I welcome it back with open arms! I proudly wore a velvet dress to every Christmas pageant growing up and look forward to rocking it again this holiday season.
Today, my childhood velvet dresses may be the wrong style (and the wrong size), but there are a lot of pieces out there that are simple enough to last for seasons to come.
- This velvet green dress is perfect for all the holiday parties! My sister has it and I am very tempted to purchase as well. It's less than $50, which makes it even harder to resist. I would dress it up with strappy heels and statement earrings for an evening event or wear a sock bootie and a leather jacket for a more casual soirée!
2. These loafers are perfect for incorporating the velvet trend into your workwear wardrobe. They are professional enough for the office but whimsical with the clear heel!
3. These pants are SUPER fun! While they are almost sold out, I linked a bunch of other velvet pants - HERE! All of which are super affordable, too. I suggest if you aren't 100% in love with the velvet trend, test the waters first at a Forever21 or H&M. That way you don't go broke while debating if you love/hate the velvet comeback.
4. This tank is my favorite item in this post. I love how easy it is to add velvet into my wardrobe without trying too hard. This tank is J.Crew, so it is quality and will definitely last you more than one season. It's also simple enough to wear over and over. I will be layering it with blazers and jackets all winter long!
7. If you're like me, then you love a good slip-on sneaker. These are a little fancier than your average Vans, but still casual enough to wear daily!