Our staycation at The Ritz-Carlton is an holiday tradition for Joe and I. We started doing it because we wanted to create memories together, instead of buy gifts for one another. Our tradition is to stay downtown and go out to a nice dinner, somewhere neither of us have been. This is only our second year doing it and it is safe to say that there are many more staycations to come.
We chose the Ritz-Carlton because I had stayed there before with my mom and loved it. I love staying downtown because of the hustle and bustle of the city, especially at Christmas time. The Ritz takes great care of their guests and I couldn't have been happier with our stay!
Below are 6 reasons why we love the Ritz and why it's become our go-to for our holiday staycation.
- Amazing beds. They literally feel like you've been swallowed by a pillow. Joe thought they were a little too lumpy, but for me, I just thought they were heavenly.
- Fantastic staff. Everyone from the doorman to the room service attendant were incredibly friendly and helpful. They really go out of their way to make you feel like home. The front desk was amazing and charged my phone while we got a drink at the bar (I forgot a charger, not surprising).
- Speaking of room service, the nutella pancakes were the most delicious pancakes I've ever eaten. We choose to do room service and enjoy the room/views and boy was it worth it!
- Great location. The Ritz is attached to Water Tower so you can stay inside and take the elevator right into the mall. This is convenient and helpful when you want to grab a quick bite to eat or an outfit for the night out!
- The robes are to die for. Have you ever been to a hotel and the robes are stiff and an itchy material? Well these robes feel like a Barefoot Dreams blanket, no joke! If that's not reason enough to stay there, I'm not sure what is!
- The views. The views from the hotel are amazing. Whether you're looking at Michigan Ave, the Lake, or down Lake Shore Drive, they have some of the best views in the city.
There are so many reasons we love The Ritz-Carlton Chicago. I am already planning our staycation next year! HUGE thank you to them and Nicky Lobberecht for an amazing stay!
This bathroom was everything #goals.
My face when Joe said we can get pancakes...
Joe and I saying goodbye to another wonderful stay
You finally made the blog 🙂