Since it didn't feel like summer today, this crummy weather got me thinking about all the things I want to do once the sunshine arrives. Below are 10 things I want to do throughout the summer. I've lived in Chicago for 5 years, (wow!) and I can't wait to make more memories!
- Utilize the grill on my rooftop. I moved about a month ago and have the coolest rooftop in Lincoln Park. I can't wait to try my hand at grilling. Looking forward to making this and this!
- Go to an outdoor concert. I can't wait for Lakeshake in a couple weeks! It'll be my 4th year going. Besides that, I look forward to a spontaneous concert sometime this summer. There is nothing better than listening to great music on the perfect cool summer night.
- Go to a movie in the park. I have had this on my bucket list every summer since I moved here, but have never had the chance to go see one. I linked the schedule here if you're interested too!
- Go to Cindy's rooftop. Absolutely crazy that my best friend got engaged at Cindy's and I have yet to go. This summer a cocktail, Cindy's and I have a date.
- Go to Green City Market at least twice. This market is right down the street from my new place and was even closer to where I used to live. Last year I went one time and it was so hot that we walked through super quickly and left. This summer I want to take advantage of where I live, get up early and enjoy the market.
- Go to Navy Pier. I know, it sounds weird, but I haven't been back since my 8th-grade school trip. Something about the Ferris Wheel and summertime makes me think that I am in a Country Music Video...
- Rent a boat for the day! Every year my friends and I say we are going to do it and never do- this year that changes!
- Keep fresh flowers in the house. While I love my new apartment, it doesn't get as much natural light as my old one. It is because we live on a heavily tree-lined street, which is pretty too. I think having fresh flowers around will help brighten up our home!
- Start my business and get it up & running! (More to come on this venture!)
- Get a killer tan while protecting my skin! I plan on applying this and this religiously this summer to get that "back from the beach" glow!
What's on your summer bucket list? These are just some random activities I've been wanting to do in Chicago now that it's getting nicer out. What's on your summer to-do list? Love to hear!